- Functions permitted and defined by the Indiana Nurse Practice Act as it pertains to the LPN.
- Carrying out orders from the Nursing Supervisor and the patient’s physician.
- Documentation and summary of patient care and events pertaining to the patient’s progress and development.
- Working with other members of the health care team for the purpose of providing sound and continuous patient care.
- Participation in programs and in-service of AHHC.
- Initiation of rehabilitative and constructive procedures to aid in the patient’s status and /or progress.
- Maintaining communication with appropriate AHHC staff in an effort to avoid mistakes and misunderstandings.
- Other responsibilities that may be indicated orally or in writing that have to do with patient care and the role of the Licensed Practical Nurse regarding individual cases.
Director Supervisor: Nursing Supervisor (NS)
The LPN is utilized in accordance with the policies of the Indiana State Board of Nursing, Indiana Nurse Practice Act, and other health care bodies, for the purpose of providing skilled and technical functions to the AHHC’s patients.
- Current Indiana license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- A sincere and genuine interest in patient care, home care, and compassion for the sick.
- Six months experience as a LPN preferred.