- Functions permitted and defined by the Indiana Nurse Practice Act as it pertains to the RN.
- Carrying out orders from the NS and the patient’s physician.
- Documentation and summary of patient care and events pertaining to the patient’s progress and development.
- Working with other members of the health care team for the purpose of providing sound and continuous patient care.
- Participation in programs and in-service of AHHC.
- Initiation of rehabilitative and constructive procedures to aid in the patient’s status and or progress.
- Maintains communication with appropriate AHHC staff to avoid misunderstandings.
- To complete a supervisory form weekly for each patient assigned to.
- Other responsibilities that may be indicated orally or in writing that have to do with patient care and the role of the Registered Nurse regarding individual cases.
Direct Supervisor: Nursing Supervisor (NS)
The RN is utilized in accordance with the policies of the Indiana State board of Nursing, Indiana Nurse Practice Act, and other health care bodies, for the purpose of providing professional, skilled and technical functions to AHHC’s patients.
- Current Indiana license to practice as a Registered Nurse
- A sincere and genuine interest in patient care, home care, and compassion for the sick.
- Six months experience as a RN preferred.